Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spring Term- My How Time Flies!

Wow spring break went by SO quickly! I guess that just reaffirms the statement that seems to be running my senior year- "time flies when you're having fun."

Spring term, also known as my final term as an undergraduate student at Mercyhurst University begins today. As I was walking on campus today, my first day back after a week and a half, I could not help but think about how my attitudes of spring terms past were at this point.
My spring term freshman year, I felt like I was on top of the world! The weather was AWESOME that year and all we wanted to do was go outside! As a freshman I had 8:00am classes in my first two terms and spring term was my first chance to sleep in (I didn't have class until 11am)!  I will always remember spring term freshman year as the warmest, most easy going time of college. It seems as if graduating was years away...mostly because at that time it really was!

Spring term sophomore year was an awesome one as well! Off to the left you can see my friends and I on a campus trip to Washington D.C. Spring term sophomore year was also the year that "endings" really became apparent to me. Some of my really good friends and wonderful role models graduated that year. The year before I didn't know many seniors but this year was really hard to say goodbye. That was when I really began to realize that in the blink of an eye college will be gone! 

Last year, my junior year spring term was filled with fun and laughter! I didn't have classes on fridays that term (but I did have some difficult classes) yet everything was super busy that term! I was officially inducted as the president of the Ambassador Club and I was anxiously awaiting the end of the term so that I could finally be the "big dog" on campus...a SENIOR! Even last year, this present time seemed like it would never come, I can't believe how quickly time has gone by!

Now that spring term of senior year is finally here, I hope to combine a little bit of all my spring term's past together to create the ultimate senior year! I hope to bring the carefree spirit of a freshman, the good friends of a sophomore and the fun and laughter of a junior! As I embark on my last term here at Mercyhurst University, I look back at the fun that I have had and smile at the memories that I have of my time here. 
Here's to another great term at the 'Hurst- it's sure to be a great one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment