Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Saturday, September 25, 2010

Homecoming and Alumni Weekend...Feeling Collegiate

Reason #2 to come to Mercyhurst: This past Friday and Saturday were both filled with so much fun and school spirit, it's times like these that make me feel like college should never end! For some reason I kept saying that I "felt collegiate" all day today. The whole weekend felt like college life that you see on tv. We dressed up in Mercyhurst apparel and participated in all of the activities, took lots of pictures and just had an old fashioned good time here at the 'Hurst!

I was able to take a lot of pictures but more importantly VIDEOS! So check them out below!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a message from me!! I'm shown in the video standing in front of the Mercyhurst"rock." It's very official. In the background you can see Old Main, it's such a gorgeous building and this is the view that you see upon arriving on campus. It's such a welcoming place and every time I drive through the front gates, I know I'm in the best place!



On Friday night, my family and I went to play Family Bingo, two of my roommates came too! It was a lot of fun, it's exciting for all of the students to get to see their parents and for the parents to have a chance to be on campus and experience some of the things that we do! My dad won bingo...someone in my family has won every year so far! He of course let me pick out the prize, I chose a $15 gift card to Coldstone... yummy!




You have to check out this next video. I have never seen this many Laker fans in one place! The homecoming football game was packed with students, parents and proud alumni! The fans are always awesome but since it was the homecoming game they were exceptionally excited and ready to cheer on the Lakers. At half time, the homecoming court was announced which was made up of 5 boys and 5 girls from the senior class. My RA from freshman year, Amber won queen and my friend Dave won king, I'm so happy for the both of them!

Here's a photo of Dave (Homecoming King) and I

These next videos were taken of my friends and I at Hurstfest. It was a big carnival right in the center of campus! You can watch me make a fool of myself as I race against my roommate, Meghan in the bungee course. Also, make sure to check the frozen t-shirt contest video.  These videos pretty much explain why this weekend is so much fun for everyone and I can't help but laugh out loudly every time I watch them!



Well, it's getting pretty late and I am just a little bit (insert major sarcasm) tired from all of the fun today! I have a long long day of homework ahead of me tomorrow but I had a blast this weekend and I hope you did too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment