Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mighty Fine Doughnuts - An Erie Tradition

So, enough with all of the chain doughnut shops...America may run on Dunkin' but Erie surely runs on Mighty Fine! This week my friends and I were in the mood for donuts, the only problem is that this took place around midnight! Luckily, a local donut shop, Mighty Fine Donuts is open 24/7!!! Some may argue that Mighty Fine being open all night combined with the fact that it is right down the street from campus could be bad...I say that it is a beautiful thing!
The doughnut shop!

Mighty Fine Donuts has an old-fashioned feel, something right out of the 1950's. It is located on Parade Street, a historical area in Erie, Pa.
Not only are the donuts homemade fresh every day, it feels good to support a local business!



After realizing that the shop is open all night, my friends and I have traveled there two nights in a row despite the pending snow storm that is upon us!

Here's a picture of Steve and I gobbling down our doughnuts! I chose a chocolate cream filled doughnut and Steve had an apple fritter...yum yum yum!

I will leave you with this catchy tune:
There'll be no school tomorrow, no school tomorrow, no school tomorrow if it snows...there'll be no school tomorrow, no school tomorrow, no school tomorrow if it snows!...wishful thinking?
Stay warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment