Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happenings here at the 'Hurst

This was quite a crazy week! It is almost midnight on a Saturday night and I kind of feel like this is the first time that I have been able to sit down and relax since this time last week!

This week was full with a lot of Ambassador Club activities. As you know, I am the secretary of the club; our advisor has just given us information on NEXT YEAR! It is time for elections! Our next full club meeting, which is in two weeks is when we will vote on next year's executive board. Due to my love and dedication to the club, I have for a very long time known that I wanted to run for President of the Ambassador Club for my senior year. Once we know who the winners are, I will surely let you know!

Other happenings in the club include our pledge process...the pledge process is when underclassmen "pledge" to become a part of the club. They must attend a meeting each week and at the meetings they basically learn everything that they need to know in order to be able to give a tour. Unfortunately, not all of the students who are pledging will make it into the club because we award scholarships, thus we must only take the very best and we are also limited with our budget! This week, we had two nights of speeches, each pledge was required to give a five minute speech on some aspect of Mercyhurst. We were there for six hours total listening to the speeches....it was a long and grueling process, but the pledges learned a lot of valuable information! Also, the pledges are required to perform a "solo tour" in which they conduct a real tour to a real prospective student and family. As an executive board member, I have the task of "grading" these solo tours. This week I graded three, I think the pledges are doing really well so far and I look forward to them becoming a part of the Ambassador Club!

We are nearing the end of the term, this means that I just scheduled my classes for spring term! I will be taking four classes, three are business courses and one is a communication course so I think it will be a really exciting and interesting term. However, before I get too far ahead of myself, I better get to work on my papers, tests and end of the term work!

Wish me luck :-)

"To whom much is given, much is expected."
-Just a quote I came upon that I thought was good food for thought! Perhaps I am such a busy girl because I have been blessed with so much, therefore, much is expected of me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment