Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Friday, April 1, 2011

My 3 Steps for Choosing a College

For all of the seniors in high school out there...I can't help but think and remember what I felt like when I was in your shoes. You are literally about to make one of the biggest decisions you've ever made before. It is coming down to that you will need to decide where you will go to college!

I urge you to sincerely consider all of your options. When it came down to deciding to come to Mercyhurst, here are some of the steps that worked for me. I hope my advice helps you and I hope you all make the right/best/ONLY choice ... MERCYHURST!!

1. Follow your heart. Deep down, you know what school you want to go to. You might have known before you even started looking at schools or you might have known after you toured the school. Either way, there is one school that you keep going back to and is always on your mind simply because it's where you belong. Don't ignore that feeling, have faith that God is leading you exactly where you need to be.
2. Your parents DO know what they're talking about. Even though you'd like to think they're wrong...you're wrong! Your parents know you a lot better than you might like to admit. If they are set on a school, they must have a good reason behind it. Sit down with them and talk about what they think, take their advice seriously.
3. Find the school that reflects your personality. If you are like me and love family, togetherness, a close-knit atmosphere. If you want to be known by your teachers and be able to go to them for help in your classes, choose the school that will give you that. Don't go out of your comfort level! The school that you choose is going to be your home, you absolutely need to be comfortable!

Follow these instructions and you will certainly end up at the perfect school for you! Best of luck in making your final decisions, I have been in your shoes before, and like your parents, I know what I'm talking about too! Don't be afraid, just go for it! Oh..and don't forget to choose Mercyhurst ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment