Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Thursday, October 13, 2011

Senior Gift Update and Fall Break- Time to Relax a Bit!

This past Tuesday the Senior Class Gift Committee presented proposals to Dr. Gamble, the President of Mercyhurst, Dr. Livingston, Vice President for Advancement, Jeanette Britt, Associate Vice President for Advancement, Dr. Tobin, the Vice President for Student Life and Ryan Palm and Liz Tobin, Director and Assistant Director of Alumni Relations (they're our advisers for the committee too).
It was extremely nerve-racking because there were A LOT of really important people in the room- talk about pressure!

Three different groups, all members from the Senior Class Gift Committee planned and worked on presentations of gift ideas to propose to the group of administrators. My group presented a proposal on a game room and lounge area that would (if chosen) be a collaboration with Mercyhurst Student Government, thus allowing their money plus our money to create the ultimate game room for the students of Mercyhurst!

After we presented, the group of administrators asked each group a few questions and then us students were sent away as the determined the winning gift. Just yesterday we received notice that...the game room was chosen!!! I was so so so excited simply because they agreed with us that there is a desperate need for an area like a game room on our campus!

Now, we will work very closely with MSG to come up with a game room and lounge area plan. This will be very exciting and I look forward to collaborating with another group in our efforts. More to come as this exciting addition pans out and becomes a reality! As I previously mentioned in another post, the "motto" of the Senior Class Gift Committee is "Living the Dream," based off of a speaker who came to Mercyhurst back during our freshman year in 2008. We chose this motto because we wish to provide Mercyhurst with a gift that will enhance the lives of students and allow them to "live the dream" just like we did!


This weekend is our fall break! I am at home now and I slept in until noon! That was a little outrageous, I know, but I wasn't feeling well, I think I got a little run down after the busy week I had! Now it's time to relax and hang out with my family. Speaking of- my grandma, aunt and cousin just arrived with lunch!

Until next time- don't stop living your dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment