Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Thursday, October 20, 2011

Taking the Next Step- Applying to Graduate School

I have nearly come to the end of the road in my time here at Mercyhurst. Actually- I'm just kidding!

I am currently in the process of applying to grad school, my number one choice being a master's in Organizational Leadership right here at Mercyhurst! So just when you thought I was leaving Mercyhurst- think again! A bit of background on what this program actually is, as described on the Mercyhurst website , it "prepares students to manage this new paradigm better than most MBA programs because of the nature of the courses offered. OL prepares leaders with skills in critical thinking, communication and people management -- skills that can be applied as the workplace evolves."



As I begin the grad school application process, I am working on asking professors to provide recommendations for me as they hopefully tell how wonderful and smart I am! I have also registered for the GRE which is a necessary exam to be admitted into the program. I will be taking it over Christmas break, it'll be here before I know it! I am also applying for a graduate assistantship- if chosen by a department, this will allow me to receive either a 50 percent or 100 percent tuition waiver in addition to an annual stipend!


The best thing about the entire application process is that Mercyhurst has rolling admissions, there is not a true deadline (this works for undergrads too) that everything must be in by! I am able to apply online through the Mercyhurst site.
This process is a bit stressful but I am fortunate to be working with the staff members who are very helpful and accessible!

No comments:

Post a Comment