Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We are...Mercyhurst University

The wait is finally over! Over the past few months Mercyhurst has been patiently awaiting for a few signatures required to end the process of moving to a university.
When I woke up this morning and checked my e-mail, I was greeted with a message from our president, Dr. Gamble inviting us all to the Student Union for an "important announcement." I immediately thought but more specifically, hoped that this announcement would be that we were officially a university!

The bad part- the announcement was taking place at 1:45- right in the middle of my class presentation! What are the odds! I was really upset so I e-mailed my teacher begging her to let our class out to hear the announcement...luckily she said yes! Anyone who really really wanted to go to the announcement was permitted to leave class for it!

The Great Room was crowded with students, faculty, staff and administrators who were thrilled for the suspense-filled announcement!

Check out Dr. Gamble's address to the entire Mercyhurst community!
As many people expected, his announcement was that yesterday, the Department of Education signed off and officially, we are now MERCYHURST UNIVERSITY!

I am beyond thrilled to be a part of what is arguably one of the most important moments in Mercyhurst history. Aside from our birth in 1926 and our move to a co-educational institution in 1969, becoming Mercyhurst University has students, alumni and the entire community very excited!

And...to top it all off, as Dr. Gamble states in his address, this year's senior class (yep, this girl right here!) will be the first graduating class of Mercyhurst University!

Mercyhurst University's new logo!

I hope you are just as excited for this change as we are!
As always, Carpe Diem- Seize the Opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment