Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Monday, January 2, 2012

Home for the Holidays

The tri-mester system at Mercyhurst College, although different than many schools, still allows us students to have a lengthy break from our classes for Christmas! Differing from the semester system in the sense that we get nearly two weeks off at Thanksgiving, we don't get as long of a break at Christmas. Still, we did have over two weeks off for the holidays!
Since I was on my study abroad trip for Thanksgiving break, it was so nice to be at home, sleep in my own bed and be with the family for awhile!



While at home I was able to visit with the family and catch up, of course telling them all about school and how it's going!
Also over break I took the GRE! The main school that I am applying to for graduate school is actually Mercyhurst College. In order to be accepted, the GRE was required. For those who are going through this process...it was horrible! Ok, I am exaggerating. It wasn't that bad but I can think of a few other things that I would have rather of been doing for those FOUR hours that I spent with the GRE!

Now that break is over, it is hard to believe that 17 days went by so quickly! Today is my official last day of break so that means an early bed time followed by my very early 8am class tomorrow morning!






Although it is a new year, it is still the same winter term. I will resume my classes tomorrow which begins the fourth week of our winter term. Winter term always seems to fly by because of Christmas break! Now that it's 2012...it's officially my graduation year! I am very excited to see all that is in store for 2012! Happy New Year!

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment