Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Sunday, April 22, 2012

The End is Near...30 More Days of Fun!

The end is certainly near and this is becoming more and more prevalent as fun activities take place to round out the end of the year! My roommates and I have not let the "one month until graduation" mark get us down, we have simply declared that instead of only having 30 more days together, we have 30 more days to have fun!!

Communication Senior Showcase
The Communication department, a subset of the Walker School of Business and Communication, has dedicated the hallway to senior majors and minors who have spent a lot of time working vigorously writing, researching, working on projects, working for LakerTV and writing for the school newspaper, the Merciad. 
Biographies of the seniors!
The "Senior Showcase" displays each senior prominently and it was so nice to be included even though I am only a minor in the department. 
I have always felt at home in the communication department, the professors are all experienced and have a lot of knowledge of the field. If I had another four years, communication would definitely be an area that I would have liked to have pursued further!

Wearing our graduation cords!
Another fun event that I went to was the induction ceremony for Mercyhurst's Leadership Certification Program. The program is a three level process that I was not involved in this year because I started the program as a freshman and completed it last year. 
It was a great group to be in because I was able to grow confident in my leadership abilities as well as learn more about how to be a good and successful leader. After completing two levels of the program, students are accepted into Sigma Alpha Pi, the National Society of Leadership and Success. This year, I was invited back and I received cords to wear at graduation since I am a member of the society! 
Danielle, my freshman roaster!

My friends and I ended the week with the Ambassador Club's annual "Senior Roast." Although it might sound mean, it was a lot of fun. Basically, the newest members of the club pick a senior, find out really embarrassing things about them and "roast" them! It was really fun to hear all the stories about my fellow Ambassadors! I can remember being a freshman as I roasted a senior...my own roast seemed so far away, but it was plenty of time to do really embarrassing things but I had SO much fun doing them and spent my time with some of the greatest people- what more could a girl ask for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment