Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Monday, December 6, 2010

'Tis the Season!

Christmas is in full swing here at Mercyhurst College. We went all of November will absolutely no snow here in Erie which was pretty weird because Erie is often known as the coldest and snowiest place on earth! However, once December arrived, so did the snow and it got here just in time for the Christmas season!

Just this past weekend the Ambassador Club held its annual "Christgiving" which is a mixture between Christmas and Thanksgiving. Everyone did their share by bringing turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, pop, cups, silverware and of course pie and cookies!


One of the best things about this party was that it was held in our student union which is beautifully decorated for Christmas! Also, it was an "ugly Christmas sweater" competition! This was so much fun because almost everyone participated and came looking pretty "ugly." Liz and I actually made our ugly sweaters. We used puffy paint to draw some tacky looking pictures and then we sewed Christmas buttons all over! To top it all off, we bought silly hats from Michael's. We were a great success!

Unfortunately, Liz and I were not the ugliest! Brian won...and he definitely deserved it. I'm pretty sure it was a woman's sweater and it had actually ornaments sewn on to it! All in all it was a great evening and I had a lot of fun. Sometimes it can be difficult to be here at school and away from my family especially around the holiday times because I love hanging out by the fireplace, watching Christmas movies with my mom, dad and sister. However, yesterday I was feeling very lucky because even though I am not at home with my real family, I have a second family here at school that is so special, fun and important to me! It's times like these that make me never want college to end because I am having wayyyy too much fun! Luckily I am making awesome memories to last a lifetime.
Here's a few more pictures from Christgiving!

Here's my roommates and I!


Here's all of the juniors!


I hope you're enjoying December just as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment