Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Friday, January 14, 2011

Walking in a Winter Wonderland...STILL!

So, being from Erie, I know that we get a lot of snow. However, I still can't seem to get used to it! I love love love snow in December because for me Christmas just isn't Christmas without it. Now that it's January though, it is hard to still be happy with the snow and the cold.
Just because we have snow here is no reason to get down in the dumps. There are many things that my roommates and I do that make the winter months go by.

1. Always remember that summer will eventually come!
2. Our winter term is broken up with a 2 week break for Christmas. We go to class for 3 weeks in December and finish the term from January to February. Then, in the middle of February we get another break for the end of our term. Having these breaks where we get to go home and have a break from classes and studying definitely make the winter a little more bearable. These many breaks are awesome and something that only a school like Mercyhurst (with the tri-mester system) have as opposed to schools that run on a semester system.
3. Do something fun! At night time we usually take a study break and watch our favorite shows or some kind of movie. Right now, we tune in weekly to our absolute favorites: The Bachelor and Pretty Little Liars!
4. Try out the gym. When it's winter it is extremely difficult to get moving. It's much easier to just sit around and not go outside. My roommates and I went to the gym this week and it helped us feel better and less lazy. Then, one day this week it was really snowy out and my roommate Alexa and I wanted to go to the gym but we didn't want to go outside...so instead, we did a living room workout! We pretty much just made it up, but it still got us moving!
5. Plan fun things to do that you can look forward to. My roommates and I are known for our game nights! We love to have people over to take some time to forget the studying and textbooks.

If you are somewhere warm...send some sun my way!!! If you are dealing with snow just like me, don't forget that June will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment