Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ambassador Club - I'm the President Now!!

The last words of Catherine McAuley, the foundress of Mercyhurst College were "the sisters are tired: make sure they have a comfortable cup of tea when I am gone." In commemoration of her and the mission of the Sisters of Mercy, the Ambassador Club holds an annual Spring Tea. It is that this event that we induct the incoming class of Ambassadors.

Here's a picture of some of our new Ambassadors. This is before the ceremony takes place, during the ceremony they are awarded with the prestigious GREEN JACKET!






Also at the Spring Tea, we thank and acknowledge our seniors and we sing the Ambassador anthem, the chorus of the song is:
I want to be an Ambassador
I want to shout if out loud
I have a duty to be all I can be
To wear Mercyhurst colors, true and proud!

This year, the seniors wore glasses that said "2011" and wore them during the song's final chorus! They will definitely be missed by us all and I can't believe that a year from now that will be ME!

Another VERY  important thing that takes place at the Spring Tea is the induction of the newly elected officers for next year. I am currently the Secretary, so my job with that is almost finished. About a month ago I ran and won the election for Ambassador Club President! I am beyond excited for this because I am 100% passionate about this club and I love it so much! I was really nervous to run but so excited to find out that my peers believe in me and think I will do a good job!
Shown here is the new executive board, myself, Kaleigh and Rhona
Another really cool thing is that the Vice President and Secretary who were elected are two of my very best friends! We worked together last summer and we will be together again this upcoming summer. We have a lot of work ahead of ourselves but it will be a lot of fun!

If anyone is interested in becoming an Ambassador at Mercyhurst, you should know that it is a long process to get in due to the awarding of a scholarship but one of the very best clubs on campus and such an important part of my life!


Not only do clubs at Mercyhurst serve as resume builders, scholarship opportunities in some cases, and a way to get involved, for me many of the clubs I am involved in brought me to some of my best friends in the whole world! Shown above is a picture of me and my roommates for next year! We are all in the Ambassador Club and I met 4 out of 5 of them through Ambassadors! I cannot stress it enough....but get involved! It will completely MAKE  your college experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment