Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Dinner Here is Never Second Best!

Dinner tonight in the cafeteria was AMAZING!!!
I am a fairly...ok, just kidding...I am a very picky eater. Most people here at Mercyhurst really enjoy the food and I am one of those people, so hearing this from me, you can take it as a valid source since I am so picky. The reason I'm so darn picky is because I grew up with my mom's cooking! I come from an Italian family and my mom pretty much makes dinner every night and she's a great cook, so when I got to college, I had to do some adjusting to the new and unique dishes made by the cafeteria. All in all, I can always find something to eat, this is especially because we have two cafeteria locations.
The Egan Cafeteria is our main cafeteria  on campus, it's buffet style, eat as much as you want, pig out kind of thing. It's located basically in the center of campus AND it's right next to the boys' dorm...they love it! In Egan, there's always a ton of options, they have a center area where it's always the main course, it differs day to day so you don't have to worry about getting sick of the food. They have a deli (sandwiches, wraps), a chef station where the chef whips up yummy things right in front of us, a grill area where they always offer hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken patties, fries, onion rings (a college dream), cereal and waffle stations, a brick oven pizza station and a full salad bar. This cafeteria is open from 7am to midnight so you don't have to worry about missing a meal if you have a weird class schedule.
Our other location for food is the Laker Inn which is in our Student Union. The menu there stays the same daily and it's made to order food, not buffet style like Egan. Some options here are an Subway-like area, a Mexican  area (yummy tacos, burritos, loaded nachos!), a grill area and a stir-fry area which.

Tonight my friends and I went to the main cafeteria, Egan. It was "tailgate night" in the caf and they had all football themed food which was delicious! Since we're in Erie, PA, we are right in the middle of Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Cleveland so they had decorations for the Steelers, Bills and Browns and food that is typically from all of those cities.
I was overwhelmed by the amount of delicious food tonight and I even took a picture of my plates to share with all of my readers!
Here's round one of dinner! Pierogies, onion rings, fried mushrooms, steak salad and buckeyes for dessert!


Reason #4 to come to Mercyhurst- Parkhurst dining services. Being away from home, you need to make sure you're comfortable. One way to ensure that is by checking out the food options. Here at Mercyhurst we offer two cafeteria locations with a huge variety. Our food options satisfy even the pickiest of eaters (me)!

No comments:

Post a Comment