Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Monday, October 11, 2010

A Small Town Girl Meets the "Big Apple"

Midterms. What a horrible word.
Let me tell you all about my midterms. I had 2 last week. Now those weren't bad at all because I was really into studying for them and I worked really hard and I ended up doing really well. Another reason that I didn't mind them last week is because I was looking forward to my weekend in NEW YORK CITY!!

So I went to NYC for the first time and it was so incredible. I went on a one day bus trip with my mom, sister, grandma, aunt and cousin, it was a "girls only" weekend trip! I must declare that I am truly a "small town girl" and even though NYC was awesome, I would never be able to live somewhere like that...too many people, too much going on; it was very nice to get back home to nice, quiet, medium sized Erie, PA!
While I was in NYC I met Buddy, the Cake Boss from the show on TLC. The picture is shown below in the picture of the week...even though it's the picture of the week, in my mind it's basically the picture of the year because it was soooo cool! Right when we got off of the bus, NBC studios was across the street and my mom noticed they were taping the Today Show so we ran over to see it and we ended up meeting Buddy, taking a picture with him and getting his autograph!
We also took a tour around the entire city to see all of the touristy spots on a double decker bus. That was really neat and we were able to get on and off of the bus to see everything. My favorite locations were Rockefeller Center....we did some street shopping there, we bough cheap purses, headbands and scarves-it was totally a girl's dream! I also really liked Times Square. Any picture I have ever seen of it could not have  prepared me for actually being there. It truly made me realize how small I am as I was amongst the humongous signs and tons of people.

Here are just a few pictures of the trip:
Here's my sister Chelsea and I on the double decker bus!

My mom, sister and I at Rockefeller Center!


Here's all of us in Times Square..notice all of our shopping bags hehe!


So... back to that horrible horrible word: midterms! Yuck! So like I said, last week, my tests were fine but today I had another test, and obviously I didn't really have time to study for it this past weekend, so I studied a little bit yesterday and then a little bit more today. It was for Financial Management...not exactly my forte, but I think I did well. Now on Wednesday I have my last midterm for Business Law and once that is over I will be on Fall Break!!!! So for now I am working on forcing myself to study and be productive (which is currently my roommate and I watching Footloose). I just keep telling myself study study study and then you'll get a break and you can forget about that dreaded "m" word ((midterms)).

Thanks for reading! I hope your weekend was just as exciting as mine :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment