Welcome to my blog - Read all about my many adventures as a graduate student in the Organizational Leadership program, a graduate assistant for the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving and most importantly a Mercyhurst University alum!


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stressed and Overwhelmed

Due online tonight at 11:59 was the research section of a public relations campaign for my Public Relations course. I just clicked submit at 10:40 so that might give a little bit of an indication of how much time a do not have.

The end of the term is coming in about three weeks! Isn't that CRAZY!? This term went by so fast and now that it's just about over, all of the important stuff for classes is due.
I have a term public relations campaign due before the end of the term, a framing research paper on the topic of Muslims in America and how the American media frames our perspectives on what to think about certain topics such as the threat of the burning of the Qu'ran and the possible building of a Mosque near the 9/11 site; this paper is for a class called Comm Theory and Research. I also have a legal memo on the topic of contracts due for Business Law and two more exams in Financial Management.
If anyone out there would like to take some of this work and do it for me, that would be great! (just kidding!).

How do I stay on top of all of these things might you ask?
I make a lot of lists! This really helps because I lay out everything that needs to be done and when I finish them, I am awarded the wonderful pleasure of highlighting them and calling them finished!!


Above is a picture of one of my lists. The highlighted orange are things that have been accomplished! Go me!

Aside from the list, I am attempting to stay ahead of the game as well as do work in the library. This helps because I am away from my roommates and from the tv! By placing myself in the library, I am forced to stop all other things and focus on the task at hand. Then, I always give myself something to look forward to such as going to dinner, or watching Glee...this is great because it makes me motivate myself and work harder knowing that something fun will be happening later on.

Amongst all of my school work I also have to juggle clubs! Today I had a meeting with the executive board of the Leadership Certification Program. We planned the snacks that we will give out at our next motivational speaker who we will watch via internet...it's Nigel Barker! He's going to tell us how to "reveal a better you." Last night I had a meeting with the other five members of the up and coming Student Alumni Association. We are working on getting it approved as a Recognized Club here on campus. That way, we will receive money from student government and many other benefits. The SAA is going to do many things such as network with alumni and host events on campus; the most important thing we are beginning to work on is a "Hurst Book. Many other schools have one, it will be a book given to students here that holds all of the traditions that students love to take part in. There will be an empty spot on each page for students to insert a picture of them and their friends taking part in some of Mercyhurst's favorite traditions.
Tomorrow, I have our first meeting for Christmas on Campus- this is when a bunch of underprivileged children from the Erie area come to Mercyhurst and hang out with current students who help them with crafts and other exciting things like seeing Santa, hearing the Christmas story and picking out Mercyhurst-provided gifts for their parents. Since Christmas is such an exciting time of year (also known as the most wonderful time of the year) I am super excited for the planning to begin! 

For now, I am off to do some more homework - this probably does not surprise you!
If you are as busy as me, I hope that you too find comfort in making lists, crossing things off and watching Glee as a way to take a study break!

No comments:

Post a Comment